Many of you are considering joining Meetic to meet new people. However, it's possible to encounter a few pitfalls along the way. To help you overcome these difficulties, I'll guide you through the common problems and provide solutions for each of them.
Problem 1: E-mail address already in use
Have you tried to register and received a message informing you that your e-mail address is already in use? This is a common problem, and here's why:
Meetic, in the interests of ensuring safety does not allow the same e-mail address to be used to create multiple accounts.
The best solution is to delete your old account to create a new one. To do this :
- Go to My account.
- Select Suspend my profile.
- Then click on To delete your profile, click here.
Problem 2: Password refused
Choosing a password is crucial, not only for your security, but also to meet Meetic's criteria.
Your password must be :
- At least 8 characters.
- At the very least a lower-case letter, a capital letter and a number.
- Above all, it must not not be identical to your username.
- Keep your identifiers secret, even if you think you know the person to whom you might be giving them.
- Use a unique password for each website. This will increase the security of your various online accounts.
Problem 3: Unable to connect from abroad
Traveling and suddenly discover you can't access your Meetic account? Don't panic. Meetic is available in almost every country, but there are exceptions.
Even if you're in a country where Meetic isn't available, your profile stays safe. As soon as you return or are in a covered country, you'll be able to reconnect without a hitch.
Safety is a priority at Meetic. By respecting safety rules and by being vigilant, you can fully enjoy your experience on the platform. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to seek answers or contact Meetic support.