Are you receiving e-mails from Meetic even though you've already found your other half? Vou have deleted your profile and you don't understand why you still have contacts from Meetic?
In this article, we'll show you how to stop receiving these e-mails in your inbox.
Why am I receiving emails from the Meetic dating site?
There are several reasons why you may be receiving these emails:
- You have agreed to receive notifications as soon as you register on the site.
- Someone has registered with Meetic using your e-mail address
- You forgot to suspend your account or unsubscribe from the platform
Notifications accepted upon registration
In fact, Meetic emails are generally sent to you because you have agreed to receive notifications (alerts, promotions, etc.) via e-mail when you sign up.
These notifications won't stop even after you've deleted your account: you may receive advertising e-mails from the Meetic platform.
To stop receiving them, you'll need to unsubscribe from these Meetic e-mails using the link usually found at the very bottom of the e-mail (in very small type).
Are you receiving e-mails from dating sites even though you're not registered?
This is normal, because Meetic keeps your information for their groups like Affiny or Disons Demain.
They then use them to contact you again and canvass you in the hope that you'll sign up to their other platform and buy a subscription.
If not, you've entered your e-mail address on other sites and your information has been resold.
Remember to click on "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of e-mail communications.
Someone's got your details and is using them
It is possible that someone has impersonated you by registering with Meetic using your e-mail address.
If this is not the first time this has happened to you, we recommend that you contact the national police Info-strikes at 08 11 02 02 17 (price of a local call).
Online identity theft is an offence punishable by 2 years' imprisonment and a fine of 60,000 euros (according to article 323-1 of the French penal code).
How to stop receiving emails from Meetic?
Now that we've seen why you're receiving these e-mails, let's take a look at how to stop receiving them, by deactivating them or deleting your account.
Deactivate these emails, but keep my Meetic profile
To deactivate the sending of these e-mails, but keep your profile, there are 2 ways to stop receiving them:
1. Unsubscribe from Meetic's email campaign :
- Open an email from Meetic
- Click on unsubscribe next to the sender's e-mail
- Click on the "Unsubscribe" link and confirm that you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- After clicking, you will receive a confirmation of this unsubscription with the following message: "You have unsubscribed from [email protected].
2. Use a spam filter on your mailbox:
If Meetic emails are displayed as spam, you can use a spam filter on your email account as follows:
- Open a spam mail from Meetic
- Click on the three small dots at the top left of the e-mail (plus)
- Click on "Filter similar messages
- Click on "Create a filter
- Check the "Delete" box
- A filter confirmation message will be sent to you in the bottom left-hand corner of your mailbox.
This may be of interest to : How can you avoid being seen when you're logged on to Meetic?
Delete your Meetic profile to make sure you never receive anything again
To stop receiving emails from Meetic, check that your account/profile has been deleted.
If you wish to delete it, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Meetic account with your username and password
- Click on your profile picture, then on "My account".
- Click on "Delete my profile" on the left of your computer screen
- You will then need to enter your identity to delete your profile.
- An email confirming the deletion of your account will then be sent to you.
Stop receiving communications from Meetic: simple when you know how!
Continuing to receive emails from Meetic even though you've deleted your account or found your other half is a real hassle.
There are several ways to stop receiving Meetic emails:
- Unsubscribe from Meetic's email advertising campaign
- Filter your spam by deleting it directly
- Delete/suspend your profile
Now that you've applied all our tips, your inbox will thank us!